Saturday, November 12, 2011

Coming soon


So, I've done chic, funky, romantic, and very personalized gift wraps, but no impossibly cute ones. Until now. This is a gift for a colleague who is expecting a baby in a few weeks. The challenge? I don't know if it's a boy or a girl. I knew I'd use this paper someday!


I love a prezzie tower. They have so much more dimension, and if I had some coordinating solid paper, I would have done a cool alternating pattern. Alas, I had none, so I used ribbon for the effect. I love the cutesy double "bowtie" under the daisy. It reminds me of this one I made for another office buddy last year. The flower is a little different for me; I don't usually embellish so boldly, but it looked so cheerful and sweet, I couldn't resist.


And of course, I like a bit 'o bling. I love what it does to the surface of the paper, and I just love a prezzie that catches light.


The only thing I'm a bit unhappy with was the wrinkles. The bottom package was kind of mushy, so it was hard to wrap with nice corners. And the paper, though cute was a bit thin, so I overworked it a bit, which emphasizes the wrinkles. Oh well. It's cute anyway. And as we all know, wrinkles are inevitable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment