Sunday, April 10, 2011

Springtime, Smock-style

For about two weeks now, I've been itching to use this gorgeous paper by Smock. They make the most beautiful, earth-friendly letterpress and gift wrap, and their press is based right here in Syracuse. It was hard to choose just three:


The paper was pretty reasonably priced, lovingly packaged, and arrived in just 3 days! The best part - the paper is double-sided, so it's like getting two papers for the price of one. For $8, you get two 24" x 36" sheets. I chose (top to bottom) Veranda, Quadrille, and Calliope.

Anyway, here's my first project, in celebration of spring:




I'm thinking of sending some Easter goodies to my nieces and nephew with this theme. This would make a sweet baby shower wrap, too. It's also a cool, modern alternative to traditional white-and-silver wedding gifts.

I just love the combination of the greyish-lavender and the mustardish-celery. I'm fairly certain "mustardish" isn't a word. But heck, when the weather is this nice, and I've had a chance to hit golfballs outdoors and wrap prezzies in the same weekend, my (usually strict) rules for spelling go out the window.

Next stop: the garden for some long-overdue weeding. Hope you had a lovely weekend, too! Stay tuned for more spring-inspired Smock prezzies.

No comments:

Post a Comment