Sunday, January 3, 2010

Isn't it romantic?

I know, it's a little early, but I'm a romantic, and I love Valentine's Day. While I don't love the overly commercialized, ready-made corner cutting method of celebrating your sweetheart, I like the idea of giving something inspired and sweet to someone you love.

This little gift box starts with a simple paper jewelry box, the kind you get at the department store. I dressed it up with some lace ribbon, 2 layers of satin ribbon and some little adhesive gems. The little key was something I had around. You can find these little embellishments at craft stores everywhere. Antique buttons or beads could work just as well. Experiment and look for things that speak to you. Little personalized touches like this are what make people feel special.


Well, that's it for now -- stay tuned for another Valentine next week. I'll be uploading more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment