Saturday, September 29, 2012

Want. Exquisite paper post

This is a time for restraint and discipline. I cannot buy more paper until I get another Jolie Colis order, so instead of going on a spree, I'll just talk about all this gorgeous, gorgeous paper I covet. Maybe writing about it will scratch the itch until I can claim these pretties.

Amethyst and gold brocade paper from Luxe Paperie. So extravagant and vibrant. I'd wrap something shirt box-sized or larger to show off as much of the print as possible. A sheer ribbon would be nice, something really fine and diaphanous with lots of volume. $6.50 for a 39" x 27.5" sheet. Not bad! Made in Italy.

Emilio Pucci "blu" paper from Luxe Paperie. Ooh, fashionista! Love, love, love this paper! I love wrapping gifts with fashion in mind, because wrapping gifts is a bit like dressing yourself. You need color, shape, good proportions and accessories. $4.50 for a 20" x 28" sheet. Slightly smaller and more expensive per inch, but seriously. Pucci. Made in Italy. Of course.

Gold calligraphy from Luxe Paperie. Drool. This paper combines three of my favorite things: giftwrapping, fountain pens, and penmanship. (Which still matters, by the way. Stay tuned for a post on why you should care about handwriting.) $6.50 for a 39" x 27.5" sheet. Made in Italy.

Midori Pink Chandelier from Midori. Okay, I have this paper already, but I LOVE it! The silver is so bright, and it has such a wonderful weight and texture. Better for bigger gifts because the print is pretty big, and the weight needs a larger surface area to avoid bulking up. $25 for 5 21" x 29" sheets. I used it to wrap a book -- it came out fabulous!

Midori Lavender Cherry Blossom from Midori. Yeah, I have this one, too. But as soon as I'm out, I'm buying more. These papers are so lovely, I feel a bit of agony cutting into it. But I did, and it was worth it. Check it out! $25 for 5 21" x 29" sheets.

So, yup. I still want to buy paper. And I'm cursed with a taste for really fancy, expensive goods. Eh, you have to be who you are. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment